Many call center solutions and multiple options to host them are available in the market. Two popular options to host a call center solution are listed below:
1. On-premises servers
2. Cloud hosting platforms
Earlier, it was a matter of choice, but now it has become necessary to switch to a cloud hosting platform regardless of the fact, which of call center solution you are using. Until and unless you have some legal restrictions, you must migrate to a cloud call center solution.
Let me share major reasons that prove the worth and necessity of migrating your call center solution to the cloud.
1. Expand features and capabilities within no time
· When you use an on-premises hosting model, you have some restrictions to deal with. One of the major ones is to expand the features and capabilities of your contact center software.
· For example, if you want to increase the number of agent seats, then it would take a week or more. You will need to get the servers and set up the whole infrastructure before increasing the capacity of the call center solution.
· On the other hand, the cloud hosting providers have unlimited server space for you. You can increase the capacity of the software within a few hours or in a day or two by max.
· This small looking thing can become really crucial for success.
2. Access the software from anywhere
· On-premises call center software can be accessed remotely, but for that one needs to use VPN (Virtual Private Networking). Again, this kind of access is not completely secure.
· Cloud call center solutions can be accessed remotely as and when needed. Cloud hosting platforms invest a lot in ensuring the security of data and secure access to the software.
· In the year 2020, we have all witnessed the world pandemic, which forced businesses to operate remotely. The pandemic faced by all of us has proved how important it is to have the arrangement to work remotely.
· Along with the possible necessity of a virtual call center solution, it also benefits when you decide to hire international talent for your call center or business.
3. Reduce overheads
· When you choose to host your contact center software on your servers, you will need to bear the cost of servers. Moreover, you will need to have an office or business space to set up the whole infrastructure with servers. When you use an on-premises call center dialer, you pay for servers, physical space, IT infrastructure, and call center software.
· Cloud call center solution gets hosted on the cloud space. You do not need any physical servers, infrastructure, or space. Everything is handled by your provider. All you pay for is the space. You reduce overheads up to 150%.
· If you use an on-premises dialer, then you will also need to have a technical support engineer to manage the servers. However, if you use its counterpart, your cloud space is managed by the vendor to assure 99.90% of uptime SLA (Service Level Agreement). You reduce expenses and save money here as well.
Author writes on articles on call center solutions, virtual call center solutions, smart call center software, open source call center solution, etc. The author writes on different VoIP solutions and services.