The website is just the first step in the digital world. To leverage the ultimate benefits of having a website, you need strategic SEO marketing for your website. SEO marketing is a process of marketing your website by following the best SEO standards to rank higher on the search engines, appear more often on reputed content directories, and leverage multiple other benefits such as:
· Increased lead generation
· Increased brand popularity
· Increased subscribers
· And more
You can run an SEO marketing campaigns for your website in two ways:
1. Run SEO marketing campaigns on your own or
2. Use website SEO services
Whichever way you prefer, you need to know the fundamentals of website SEO marketing and I will share major SEO fundamentals in this article.
1. Choose keywords wisely
Keywords are still very much important in SEO marketing as well as paid advertising. In fact, in social media marketing as well, keywords are used. In a nutshell, in all forms of digital marketing keywords are vital. Of course, it is no longer about stuffing keywords or running behind a few keywords, but yes, you have to start with the selection of keywords. Keep the following tips in mind:
· If you have a new site, choose long-tail keywords as these are somewhat faster to rank
· If you already have a site, then look for the keywords that are already ranking in the top 50 and devise website SEO marketing to push ranks of these keywords
2. Content has to be part of your website SEO marketing
In SEO, content is very important. Content marketing is the heart of SEO marketing. You need to keep the following tips in mind:
· Content should follow the best SEO practices. Use SEO content writing services when needed.
· Invest in good content. Whether you write yourself or use paid SEO content writing services, do not limit it with the number of words. Cover the topic completely.
· Add uniqueness in the content. Add something which is not available elsewhere.
· Never ever copy content.
· Keywords must be added in the content for marketing and also for web pages.
· Website must have SEO friendly content.
· Website must have a regular blog posting to refresh the site with new content.
Content is the king in the SEO industry. Thus, do not forget to add SEO content to your marketing strategy.
3. Match pace with SEO updates
The SEO industry is very dynamic. Every now and then search engines release different ranking algorithm updates. For example, Google is the most proactive search engine which usually introduces different changes in its ranking algorithm. To achieve and maintain top ranks on the search engines, you have to keep eyes on the Google and SEO updates and act accordingly.
Website SEO marketing needs to be strategic and for that, you must learn the best practices and fundamentals of SEO marketing. Keep your knowledge updated with the changes introduced by search engines and the SEO industry.