Digital marketing is inevitable nowadays. Multiple marketing activities are performed on different digital platforms as part of digital marketing. SEO and PPC marketing are two majorly used digital marketing activities.
According to digital marketing experts, using both PPC and SEO marketing is beneficial. However, due to certain restrictions often businesses need to select any of these online marketing activities. If you are also facing this challenge or want to learn just to enhance your knowledge about the difference between SEO and PPC and which one is better, read on.
In this article, I will explain the difference between PPC and SEO marketing. The explained facts will help you select the right digital marketing activity.
· SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Therefore, all activities performed by SEO experts are related to search engines.
· All or major best practices defined by search engines or targeted search engines need to be followed to gain SEO benefits.
· SEO marketing is renowned for bringing organic results to businesses or individuals.
· Content plays a major role in search engine optimization and marketing. SEO content writing and content marketing are vital to gain results. In fact, some pages have more than 2000 words that rank on the top 5 ranks on Google search engine.
· SEO is slow in the beginning. You need to wait for two to nine months to receive the required results. The duration to receive positive results depends on various SEO factors such as the age of the domain, SEO score of the domain, competition in the industry, target market, etc.
· SEO campaigns cannot target a specific age group or geography. Even if local SEO campaigns are executed, it gives global exposure and results.
· Clicks or lead conversion does not cost additional. Only investment or payment made is on either website SEO services or hired SEO experts and content writers.
· There is no certification available to identify an expert SEO manager.
2. PPC marketing
· PPC stands for Pay Per Click. It is also known as CPC (Cost Per Click). It means business running PPC marketing campaigns need to pay for each click received from the PPC marketing campaigns.
· It is also known as PPC advertising. To run this kind of advertising campaigns, PPC experts need to use different Adwords platforms. As Google is one of the most popular search engines, Google Adwords is the most widely used platforms to run this kind of ads.
· PPC experts need to follow the rules of the respective ad platform to run ads.
· This form of online marketing brings paid results.
· PPC advertising also uses content, but not as much as SEO marketing needs. Paid ad campaigns can be executed even without a website or a landing page. Having a landing page can deliver better and higher results, but it is not mandatory to have. Content is used in making ad copies, which is limited to 3 to 4 lines.
· It gives instant results. As soon as your campaign and ads are approved, your ads will be displayed on platforms and you will start converting defined goals.
· PPC campaigns can be very precisely targeted.
· It does not see or need an SEO score or age of the domain.
· One needs to pay to PPC manager as well as to the Adwords for each click or conversion as per the defined goal.
· PPC experts hold Google Adwords certification by passing its exam.
Author works in a full service digital marketing agency, which lets you hire SEO experts, social media manager, PPC marketing experts, and content writers who work remotely. The company also offers all types of digital marketing services.