Call center solutions have several features to empower businesses and contact centers that are using this software. Auto dialers are one of the advanced and popular features available in this software. Each call center solution usually has more than one auto dialer to offer. Each auto dialer has its own benefits and drawbacks. Therefore, knowing popular auto dialers can help you select the right call center dialer for each campaign. This ensures that you leverage maximum advantages of using an auto dialer.
Power and predictive dialers are the most advanced auto dialers available in the call center solution. They are also frequently used in the lead generation centers and businesses for different campaigns. Let’s explore the difference between both of these call center dialers.
What is a predictive dialer?
An auto dialer that predicts when and how many agents will become available for the next call and how many numbers will need to be dialed to connect with the live humans is called a predictive dialer.
What is a power dialer?
An auto dialer that automatically dials the number as soon as the agent becomes available is called a power dialer.
What is the difference between predictive and power dialers?
· A predictive dialer has a predictive power. The power dialer does not have any as such prediction capability. The smart call center software has the most accurate prediction ratio as it uses the predictive analysis technology of artificial intelligence.
· When you use a predictive dialer, it is possible that a customer picks up the call, but the agent is not available. In this case, the customer will hear the phone ring until the agent receives the call. Usually, this happens for fraction of a second or for some seconds, but even at this time, many customers hang off the phone. This increases call abandoned ratio. On the other hand, the power dialer dials the next number only when the agent completes the call and shows his availability to take the next call. Therefore, the agent is always there to answer the customer. This does not affect the call abandoned ratio.
· Predictive dialer focuses on the productivity of agent and customer experience is secondary. Power dialer focuses on customer experience more than productivity.
· While using the former, not a single moment goes wasted. Agents will be always working. It lets businesses achieve more than 80% of productivity. The latter is different. It dials the number only when the agent shows the readiness to take the next call. In addition to that, it dials numbers one by one, unlike predictive dialer, which dials multiple numbers in one go. The agent sits idle and listens to the phone ring, voicemail, busy tone, etc. for each number until the call is connected to the customers. As one can assume it often wastes a lot of time.
· With the former call center dialer, customers often hear rings, music, or awkward silence, which can make a bad start to the call. While the power dialer always has an agent ready to answer the call. Therefore, there is no awkwardness at the start of the call.
Both call center dialers have their own use cases similar to other features of the call center solutions. Therefore, you must use a dialer depending on the nature of the campaign and the quality of leads.
Author writes on call center solutions with different features like predictive dialer, power dialer, progressive dialer, auto dialer, etc. The writer also writes on different services and solutions related to call center software.