Voice over internet protocol (VoIP) has been in the industry for many years, but now its use is increasing rapidly. All people using WhatsApp, Skype, Zoom, etc. are actually using voice over IP calling or chatting facility. These software solutions are dedicated to end-to-end communication. To provide the facility of call initiation, routing, connecting, and completion is the operational area of VoIP service provider, who deals in wholesale VoIP. By this simple example, you can gauge how huge business and revenue generation opportunities are lying in this sector of VoIP business.
If you want to start wholes VoIP business, this article will provide the definitive guide to you. So let’s explore the stepwise guide.
1. Define the business plan
To get success, you have to aim the success. For this, you need to have a clear plan. You will also agree that you cannot just buy a class 4 Softswitch solution and get started. You will need to have a business plan and for that, you need to define the following:
· Areas in which you will provide wholesale VoIP services
· Capacity of the software you will need
· Making a choice between cloud and on-premises server
· Defining how many and what skilled employees you need
· Defining marketing and expansion strategy
2. Get the class 4 Softswitch
Unlike the traditional time when wholesale VoIP business owner used to use the hardware switch, everyone uses class 4 Softswitch, which is a software solution. Few providers offer a complete smart VoIP solution, which has a bundle of VoIP solutions along with class 4 Softswitch. When you buy a class 4 switch, confirm the following from your provider about this wholesale switch:
· Types of call routing it offers. Generally, the smart telephony solutions offer class 4 Softswitch with all call routing rules available in the market.
· Capacity to handle massive call volume per second, which is necessary to run a wholesale VoIP business.
· Scope of scalability of the software, which is a must for smooth business expansion in the future.
One additional tip, you must keep in mind is that your class 4 Softswitch should have an integrated VoIP billing solution. This billing solution needs to be all-inclusive. It means all billing features it has to offer to make billing simplified. If your class 4 switch does not have billing, then you will need to invest in a third party or open source VoIP billing solution and get it integrated into the switch.
3. Define and execute a business plan
Once you get the software to run a business, you need to start operating. For that, you need to hire a team, set up other resources, and start executing the plan. For each department, define clear milestones and responsibilities. For software maintenance, it is recommended to use the maintenance service from the software provider.
You must follow all the aforementioned tips in a stepwise manner. To help you further, here are some pro tips:
· You should use a cloud server with security implementation for a quick scale-up option
· You must get a class 4 Softswitch with an integrated solution
· Take suggestions from the software provider for business growth